Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Music Battle

We all know that there are many songs throughout time that share the same melody, beat, or even the same song all together. In my search for such music, I wanted to share these songs with you! I hope to make this a weekly or biweekly feature ^^ (I am slightly aware that I could run out of songs quickly, haha)

Duffy VS Girls Generation




Duffy's Mercy, released in 2008 from her album Rockferry. Her song was even performed on Glee.

I even get to hear this song played almost daily at work. Don't get me wrong, I really like the song, so I am not complaining.

Although it has been a major hit, the song wasn't bought by only one record company....


  Girls Generation released their album, I Got A Boy, January 1st of this year (2013, in case you are like me and still writing the wrong year a month into it). Dancing Queen... n,o not any relation to ABBA song whatsoever... is one of the tracks. While I find the song pretty fun and catchy, the music video just doesn't do much for me. These girls, er.. um... women, are in thier 20's now. Is so much aegyo (acting cute/playful) really necessary?! What happened to 'Girls bring the boys out'? I absolutely love Girls Generation, but they can't stay 'girls' forever.


Let me know what you think of the songs, and um... the music video. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment