Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Music Battle

Well, so far I haven't maintained a weekly update with this, but I will try to do it more often. I truly need to remember to schedule my postings when I am too busy to do them timely, haha.

Martin VS SHINee


Today, I introduce Martin. Martin (Martin Hoberg Hedegaard) was the very first winner of the Danish series of the show, X Factor. He is also credited as the youngest winner of the competition. Honestly, I stumbled upon this by looking for English subtitled music videos. I am glad that I have. His debut studio album, Show the World, was released by Sony BMG in 2008 and went 3x platinum. 


SHINee is a South Korean boy band (well, they were... they have of course grown up a bit) who did a cover of Show the World, called Love Like Oxygen, on their album The Shinee World soon after the release of Martin's single. Although it is a cover, the lyrics and the message is different.

I felt it would be appropriate to include SHINee in today's music battle since they have a comeback on the horizon. Soon they will release their new single, Dream Girl. I will post more about it in an upcoming update!

No comments:

Post a Comment